Star Wars, an Event, and Cheese Drops

Several things are going on in this post. I'm taking a few lessons from Yoda and Star Wars this week. I hosted the first event in which I took a major part of planning. I'll also share the recipe of my new finger food for a Super Bowl party!

Star Wars lessons:

 Do or do not. There is no try.  -- Turning in a paper late with the excuse "well, I tried to get it in on time" would not work, why should I hold you to a different standard?

I don't care how many wookies are bearing down on you, I have other things to do.

Threatening the copier with the force of the entire clone army will not fix the paper jam.

If you can assist with operating the Death Star, I would assume you can follow directions.

The force is not strong with this one, nor is the brain

This is not the office you are looking for

When your head is in space, it's hard to breathe

Event:

The first huge event in which I took a large role went , well, it didn't go nearly as well as planned.  My tech person did not arrived almost an hour late. The caterer, who was never used by my department before, arrived late. The student workers, who were supposed to be there beginning at 5:30, had classes until 7. And then, they ran out of food at the event. But I heard the food was good, and the student employees appreciated that they didn't need to attend to the food or clean up. There were a few unexpected surprises, as there always seem to be.

Food:

Small tub of cream cheese (softened), a couple of handfulls of shredded cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and garlic (all to taste). Mix together. Cut 2 tubes worth of crescent rolls in half, put a small spoonful of mixture in each, wrap the corners of the crescent rolls around to cover most of the mixture. Turn on the oven to 350, bake for 10 minutes. Voila. Cheese drops for your party.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#CSAM18 Day 29: The Four S’s of Transition

#CSAM16 Day 16: Development of Mexican American Identity

#CSAM18 Day 10: Kolb and Learning Styles