My Plea to Development

Good morning,

I'm writing to you today with a plea. Please stop calling me every two or three months with the pretense of updating my information and then asking for money. I owe over $75,000 in debt, and while I made that choice and I am responsible for that money, I don't have extra to give back to you right now. I work as a secretary with a Master's degree because the job market is so rough for higher ed right now. I probably won't have enough money for another 10 years. When I do have that money, you can bet that I'll give back.

I understand the studies that show if Development has relationships with young alumni, that those alumni are more willing to give once they have more income. I understand the need to update my information to make sure I'm still living and breathing and am (maybe) still employed. I appreciate the hard work it takes to develop an Annual Fund and I understand the need for the financial assistance given to students. I was one of those students. 

I am more than willing to discuss my career choices and potential career paths with students who wish to go into Higher Education Administration/Student Affairs or who want to work with veterans in the civilian/non-medical sector. I don't even mind updating my information for you, and I really like the magazines that occasionally arrive in the mail. But, please, stop asking me for money I don't have. If you'd like to discuss this further, or have any questions, my cell phone is 585-xxx-xxxx.

Thank you,
Chelsea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#CSAM18 Day 29: The Four S’s of Transition

#CSAM16 Day 16: Development of Mexican American Identity

Retention